Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Holy mother of god

I cant even believe how long its been since I updated. Theres no way for me to encapsulate all that has occured in this time period, so Ill bust out the bullet format:

- I visited Jerusalem with Adam, Rona, and Steph. Highlights include the Western Wall, varied and questionable encounters with our hostel-keepers in the Muslim quarter, the Holocaust memorial museum, and the little boy that said "Give me money" when he found out we were from CA.

- We stopped by the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve on the way home, which is an oasis in the middle of the damn Negev desert. After some HOT hiking, I swam in oasis waterfalls. So beautiful.

- Lots of time on the beach in Tel Aviv.

- Tel Aviv Pride parade, where I saw more gay people than ever before.

- Adam and I went to Haifa and Ziccov Yakon, where I sat there while Adam talked in Hebrew to people who didnt speak much English. Saw some pretty shit, like the Bahai Temple and Gardens.

- We also went to Rosh Hanikra, the most beautiful place Ive ever seen. Its this natural grotto on the Israel-Lebanon border. You take cable cars down a cliffside to get to it, and just walk around in this amazing caves filled with water. After we finished in the park, Adam and I forged our own path down the mountainside (bad idea) and went swimming against the odds. Against the odds meaning, in this case, naked in a place where swimming was prohibited. We saw what I suspect were capyberas on the mountain and soldiers saw me naked. It was absolutely the clearest most beautiful water of my life .

- Now I'm in Eilat with Rona and Adam. Today we went snorkeling at the Coral Beach Nature Reserve. A fish touched my leg and I saw an eel and some sort of awesome fish with weird fins that camoflages to the color of the sea floor. Tomorrow we go scuba diving with dolphins, rent kayaks, and go on a nighttime jeep tour of the Negev desert.

In a week I leave Israel for Amsterdam. Woot! In the meantime I have mono, which pretty much just makes me tired and irritable. I miss Stephanie like CRAZY and I can't wait to get back to her. Also, I have decided to have my birthday in Southern CA, meaning Robyn, Sara, Kelley, and Steph will be there. Excellent.

So there. Satisfied, Robyn??

2 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger robyn grace said...

Yay! An update! I am satisfied.

And, again, insanely jealous. You should always just assume that at any given moment I am jealous and then I'll stop saying it.

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, robyn may be satisfied but i am not. thanks for inviting me to your birthday party, ho.

but yea, like robyn, SO JEALOUS.

(ps its lepp, i dont remember my password.... oops..)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home