Monday, May 21, 2007

Papa was a copper and mama was a hippie

Ah Athens. So far, definitely my favorite place in Europe (except of course for London). The Greek people are SO NICE. Gyros are unspeakably delicious, as is the rest of the food. The city is beautiful and totally easy to navigate. I am IN LOVE with the old shit everywhere. Yesterday we went to the Acropolis and it was so amazing. I was just in awe. I love that you can walk everywhere. I love that it has rained so much. I love ouzo and the other Greek alcohols I’ve tried. And mostly, I just think I’m going to live here someday. Today we go to an island, I’m EXCITED. Tomorrow night we leave for Tel Aviv, and no matter how excited I am to see Adam, unpack my shit, and have some privacy, I will definitely be sad to leave Athens. Sigh.

I didn’t see a ton of Rome, but what I did see was sort of dirty and unpleasant. I mean, I loved the Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum, and St. Peter’s Basilica… plus the Italian food… but I don’t think I’d go out of my way to go back there. Glad I went, probably won’t go back. Stephanie and I sort of decided that Rome is too confident in its position as a desirable vacation destination, whereas Athens is still trying to be desirable. It’s much better this way.

Seriously though, I’m in LOVE with gyros. I am learning Greek and moving to Athens asap I’m pretty sure. Sigh.

Off we go to the islands ☺

Ps- My perfume broke in transit from Rome to Athens! So… my shit smells like Ralph Lauren Romance but I don’t. Sigh.

1 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i just say that i really enjoy the fact that you referred to the parthenon and the acropolis as "old shit." haha....

ps this is lepp, i just forgot my password...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home