Saturday, March 03, 2007

Black Bandana, Sweet Louisiana

Well. A lot has happened. In fact, so much that I feel as though it is too daunting a task to blog about it all. Here is my MUCH abridged version:

Sara got here 2 weeks ago. We did all the touristy shit (Trafalgar Square, Westminster, Buckingham Palace, etc.) on the Chinese New Year, which just meant that everything was crowded. We saw several Monets and Van Goghs at the National Gallery, and it was AMAZING. Some other things we did, in roughly chronological order, include: climb to the top of St. Pauls (SCARY), talk a lot (amazing), sit in silence a lot (even better), enjoy delicious Indian food, go to an incredible hole-in-the-wall jazz club, drink snakebites and strongbows at pubs, walk around the city, and cuddle a ton. I just love her so much and it was so amazing to see her again and just enjoy her. What we did didn't even matter to me. I am so glad she came. I bawled like a little baby when she left, but thats ok.

Kelley got here 6 days into Sara's visit. I was SO excited to see both of them here at once, it was like a dream. We saw Avenue Q and did Westminster Abbey, the Tate Modern, the London Eye, and frequented an awesome lesbian club called Candy Bar. Hottest. Security. Guard. Ever.

Once Sara left I was in need of some cheering, so Kelley and I went on an adventure. We gambled (my first time), went to Speakers Corner, visited the British Museum, and had some London Starbucks. Over the next week we saw Spamalot, went to the same jazz club as Sara and I, revisited Candy Bar, tried absinthe, did Buckingham Palace, St. James Park, and Trafalgar Square, drank on the streets, sat and talked in the Closer park, climbed St. Pauls again, went to the Tower of London, and had a delicious feast of Indian food. In general, everything that was slightly off between Kelley and I was put right. I think we're on the same page, and it feel awesome. She's one of my favorite people in life, and I think she knows that now.

We also both had a little makeover. I basically chopped my hair. Its chin length. Check facebook for pictures. At first I was really scared of how short it was, but now I love it. I look completely different. Yay for change. Kelley's changes are a surprise... muahhahahaha....

This morning she left at 5am. I was pretty upset, so I just went home and went back to sleep. When I woke up at noon I realized that my life is completely in shambles and I need to fix it. I'm currently hard at work on that. Wish me luck. School might dominate me this week.

Adam gets here in 3 weeks. I go to Berlin on Friday. Weird. My shit is busy.

1 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home